MOTH MASJID (SOUTH EXTENSION PART II) -
This mosque, built by Miyan Bhoya, minister of Sikandar Lodi (A.D. 1489-1517) rises from a high
platform, with an elegant red sandstone gate on the east. Its prayer chamber, veneered with grey stone ashlars, is pierced by five arched openings, the central one being of red sandstone with marble ornamentation and with a small window above the arch. The central mihrab in the prayer chamber is decorated with Quranic inscriptions in Naskh characters and the ceiling of the end bays with
incised plaster. The roof is crowned by three domes. In the ornamentation and treatment of the mihrab and arches and the construction of the three domes over the prayer chamber, this building anticipates the Mughal mosques.