TOMB OF ISA KHAN WITH ITS SURROUNDING
ENCLOSURE WALLS AND TURRETS, GARDENS,
GATEWAYS AND MOSQUE (NIZAMUDDIN) -
Isa Khan was a noble at the court of Sher Shah Suri (AD. 1540-45) and his son Islam Shah (AD.1545-54). There is an inscription over the mihrab mentioning the date AH. 954 (AD: 1547-48). The tomb consists of an octagonal enclosure, with entrance on the
north. The mausoleum, has an octagonal central chamber surrounded by verandahs, each side pierced by three arches. Above the arches runs a chhajja and each of the side is surmounted by a domed chhatri with the central dome rising from a thirty-two - sided drum. It follows the typical pattern of the octagonal Lodi tombs. From the western side of the octagonal enclosure a three-domed mosque projects outward. It is built of local grey quartzite faced with red sandstone and coloured tile inlay.