The framing of heritage bye-laws in respect of all centrally protected monuments in Delhi is under process.
Parameters for Heritage Bye-laws :
The heritage bye-laws shall be framed on the basis of the site plan prepared for each of the prohibited and regulated areas of prohibited monuments and the following parameters, namely -
- Architectural, historicalband archaeological value of the monument;
- Sensitivity of the monument (e.g. development pressure, urbanization, population pressure, etc);
- Visibility from the protected monument or area and visibility from regulated area;
- Land-use to be identified;
- Archaeological heritage remains other than protected monument(s);
- Cultural landscapes;
- Significant natural landscapes that forms part of cultural landscape and also helps in protecting the monument from environment pollution;
- Usage of open space and constructions;
- Traditional, historical and cultural activities;
- Skyline as visible from the monument and from regulated area;
- Vernacular Architecture;
- Development plan as available by the local authorities;
- Building related parameters -
- Height of the construction;
- Floor area;
- Facade design;
- Roof design;
- Building material;
- Visitors facilities and amenities.
You may propose your heritage bye-laws regarding any centrally protected monument under "Propose Heritage Bye-laws".